At the heart of any successful program is a curriculum foundation that not only effectively meets a full range of outcomes and objectives, but also supports teachers in a way that allows them to confidently provide new and exciting learning opportunities every day Childcare Network uses the HighReach Learning Curriculum. HighReach supports and inspires educators from a variety of educational backgrounds by providing meaningful learning experiences and support materials that promote active, playful, and authentic learning opportunities.
Preschool Curriculum - HighReach Learning
HighReach Learning’s ultimate goal is for children to become competent, eager learners. Our high-quality early childhood education curriculum for children ages birth to five years of age provides many opportunities for active exploration, creating powerful and positive interactions for learning.
The HighReach Learning Curriculum Approach is based upon the following principles:
- A child’s development is continuous, individual, and begins at birth.
- The stages of development are unique to each child.
- Creating multiple connections supports current brain research for how infants and young children learn.
- Interactions and relationships are at the heart of learning.
- Families are truly a child’s first teachers and are an integral part of the learning community.
- Learning experiences are purposeful, interactive, meaningful, relevant, active, and playful.
- Curriculum is project-focused and is based in play investigation. Play is the avenue for child investigations.
- The ultimate goal is for children to become ready, able, competent, and eager learners.
What Can I Expect My Child to be Doing with HighReach Learning Curriculum Programs?
Experiences within the HighReach Learning curriculum cover all areas of learning, including language development, emerging literacy, math, science, creativity and the arts, social skills, physical development, reasoning, problem solving, and more.
How Can I Help My Child?
Research continues to show the importance of family involvement in a child’s success in school. HighReach Learning values the role of the family in making a difference in the lives of young children. Children learn from the people and places all around them. You are truly your child’s first teacher and play an integral part in his or her development. Our early childhood education curriculum encourages families and teachers to work together, guiding children’s learning in powerful and fun ways.
In the Classroom or At Home
All of our early childhood education curriculum programs contain materials specifically designed to inform and involve you in the learning within your child’s classroom. The fun learning experiences begin in the classroom, show you what your child is doing, and offer simple ideas you and your child may want to investigate together.
All HighReach Learning curriculum programs provide developmentally and age-appropriate activities and materials, developing essential school readiness skills through exploration, investigation, and of course, fun! While it is extremely important to understand that all children develop at their own rate, here you can find some typical milestones you can expect to occur during the first years of growth.